Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First simple Illustration EAR


post by Don

After the 27 hours of travel time to Cape Town I was surprised to be adjusted to the time change so quickly. And although I have been filling my days getting out to see the Cape, I do have to rest in the evening and was eager to get into the software that Bernard has been learning.

It looks like we will be able to import illustrations from Adobe Illustrator right into Toon Boom so I wanted to do some import tests and see what would be our best method of export to import.

While Bernard and T-bob have taken up the task of character design, I am eager to contribute by taking those hand drawn sketches and turning them into vector art. I have been using Illustrator for years and am pretty quick so drawing in Illustrator then exporting would be ideal for an efficient work flow.

Had a few minutes this morning and went ahead and did a quick line art based on Tbobs original Evil Asian Robot painting. Will be experimenting with best export / import methods later this evening.

Really excited to see Bernard has made some great progress animating. I hope T-bob starts feeling better - food poisoning is the worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment